The Conservation Center in Chicago is searching for a Senior Furniture Conservator in an effort to expand the company’s Furniture Department. The ideal candidate must have the following: Working knowledge of materials, techniques and ethics of furniture conservation; extremely fine manual skills; the ability to carry out treatments of minor to major complexity; sound judgment; the ability to meet scheduled deadlines; and the ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients as a positive and productive team member.
· Formal training in Furniture Conservation from a recognized program and a minimum of 8-10 years post graduate experience in private practice.
· Ability to execute difficult conservation techniques both in the lab and onsite.
· Ability to provide comprehensive condition reports, treatment recommendations, and post-treatment reports.
· Has experience with disaster response, and ability to work in a disaster situation.
· Ability to work with large volumes of work efficiently.
· Ability to converse comfortably with clients.
· Prepared to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. to examine or treat damaged works.
· Ability to perform the physical labor as required for specific treatments.
· Responsible for seeing projects through from start to completion.
This is a full-time salaried position. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience- Benefits include medical insurance, vacation pay and a 401(K) retirement program. The Conservation Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to contact email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history, and three professional references which illustrate qualifications. If applying outside the U.S. a U.S. work visa is required before applying.