The Glessner House Museum is a significant fixture in Chicago's rich architectural landscape. The home, belonging to John and Frances Glessner, was designed by celebrated American architect Henry Hobson Richardson (1838 – 1886) and is his only remaining commission in Chicago today. On September 13, 2012 the Glessner House Museum held its 125th anniversary gala at the Symphony Center. The celebration was an opportunity to recognize individuals and architecture firms who fought to preserve the historic home when it was threatened with demolition in the 1960’s.
Heather Becker, CEO of The Conservation Center, and April Hann-Lanford, Vice President of Client Services, were delighted to attend the gala this fall. Heather Becker is proud to serve on the board of directors for the Glessner House Museum.
The Glessner House Museum is dedicated to engaging "diverse audiences in exploring urban life and design through the preservation and interpretation of the architecture of Henry Hobson Richardson and the historic home of John Frances Glessner." Please be sure to support and visit the Glessner House Museum during their Christmas Candlelight Tours on December 8th & 9th. For more information, visit www.glessnerhouse.org.